Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not An Ugly Duckling

I had a hard time finding any before photos of this little couch. I found some photos of each of the girls on it that are YEARS old. I think they are 5 and 2 years old in these photos.



They are 12 and 9 now! I also found a close up that Maddie (the now 12 year old) took about a year and a half ago of our Daisy May as a baby, out like a light.


There we some photos of it before it was glazed in my last post and here it is now!








After further research on the subject *scouring Miss Mustard Seed's blog* I decided to use burnt umber universal tint from Sherwin Williams as my glaze because my "Butter White" was very close in color to her SW Cream. I think I may have went a little heavy with the glaze but I still love the effect and the way the carvings now pop. I also love that it is very close in tone now with the fabric. I can't wait to put a baby on there. I think the newborn I have coming in this week will be too small for it, but the 9 month old should be just about right! I just hope she brings a great outfit to go with it!


Linking with
HOG


No comments:

Post a Comment