Monday, October 15, 2012

I Must Be Nuts

When I started working on this chair I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Once I pulled all the fabric off I realized the back of the chairs must have originally have been caned. There was a deep grove where the caning would have gone and the back of the chair wood was extremely hard. It took me hours to get the staples out, and I had to order a pneumatic staple gun to get them back in!

I do think it turned out rather well but it should never have been my first upholstery job! It was just way to hard and very discouraging.
I used an old pecan bag for the chair back and tea stained a drop cloth for the seat.
I used the lower half of the bag for the back side of the chair
I have three more of these chairs and three more - all different - sacks, however I might tackle something simpler before I come back to the rest of these chairs!