Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

It just won't stop raining! By the time I was getting around to getting things set up on Friday unexpected guests popped over, by the time they left it looked like a storm was brewing & it's rained everyday since. So I have not had a chance to use my new sprayer yet. I have so much work that needs to be done outside that it's making me crazy. So crazy that I am making more work for me to do inside!

Here's what I have been working on. I forgot to take before photos but I can do a before of the sneak peak because I found this fabulous vintage print at a yard sale for .75¢ and snapped a photo of it as soon as I put it on the wall.

The walls were a dark blue with a hint of gray tones. Then because it rained my walls looked like this for a day.


And this is the same wall and the same fabulous vintage print after I pulled the tape down. The white is West Highland White from SW and the Grey is Reflection also from SW, both in a satin finish.


I planned on repainting that shelf before I put it back on the wall, but then that would require it to stop raining.

Here is a close up of my print.


Anyone out there know the name of it? It's very old, in the original frame, with an old wood back and square nails. It has a bit of metallic sheen to it that you can see where the sun was reflecting off it. I was going to remove it from the frame and clean the inside of the glass, but it's so fragile I'm afraid of damaging it.


Transformation Thursday

3 comments:

  1. The walls look amazing! Love the vignette on the shelf as well. Thanks for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally digging the print as well as your shelf and mason jars. And your painted walls are beautiful. The grey and white complements my headboard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Em, That's what I was thinking when I saw your headboard...Totally matches my dining room. Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete