Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Painted Lady

This was the Painted Lady when I first got her for $6.00 at a yard sale. I was going to add some decorative wood pieces to her drawers and paint her white, but before I could do it she spoke to me. She had been white before and she was tiered of her plain white dress, she wanted to take a walk on the wild side!


I had more help then I needed trying to get her done.




So I gave her a new fur coat.,


a pretty pink dress,



And a pair of black high heals.


I was going to sell her when I was done with her but my 9 year old is begging me to keep her - and of course redo her entire room to match! For now I will let her hang out in the studio and let her paint harden up. Besides she loves it when clients come in and tell her how beautiful she is.



Linking to:

Beyond The Picket FenceFurniture Feature FridaysTransformation Thursday



11 comments:

  1. WOW! That's quite a statement piece! What fun.
    Thanks for your kind comment on my 'chocolate' coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint job is unreal! And by unreal I mean awesome! I can't blame your daughter for wanting to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm so glad my wood filler tips are useful! Hope I can get the dresser done at the end of the month...too many other projects keep getting in the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dresser is fab!! I'd love for you to share this at my Pinkalicious Thursday Party!

    http://www.frugaliciousme.com/2011/06/pinkalicious-thursday-blog-party-6.html

    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!! that is awesome!!!! i am totally impressed and totally in love! if my daughter were older this would be so awesome in her room- fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! Love the kitty cats too! I only have four! lol

    I am your newest follower :)

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE PINKALICIOUS too! Now they have Goldalicious and Silverlicious!
    Your daughter will love them!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOODNESS! Visiting from MMS linky party and saw the before/plain pix at the top and I said, "Oh, nice shape"... then I scrolled down (darling kittys too!) and a sudden and BIG SMILE hit my face when I saw the zebra redo in pink!

    OUTTTTTSTANDING! That one is jaw dropper!
    (keep her please--I'm siding with your kiddo)

    Smiles from Illinois
    WHYCUZICAN (aka:Suzanne)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful job. I can see why your daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete