Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Difference Between Husbands & Wives

I'm not talking about the obvious differences. :) I'm talking creative/decorating differences. My husband and I only have one big difference really. I like things to be pretty, clean and organized. He likes things to be functional and doesn't really care what they look like.


 This is the current object of my discontent.
My husband NEEDS this because he likes his keys to be hanging just inside the door where he can reach them. I can't tell you how many times I have taken it off the wall and had it magically reappear. I don't know how someone made something so small but that so easily hit my biggest pet peeve button. The name of this should not be "key and mail organizer" - it should be "The Clutter Displayer"

So this was my latest solution:

I picked it up for $6.00 at an estate tag sale. I adore everything about it. The color, the rusty wornness of it, and I love that it's former utilitarian use was an old dust pan. It has history. My all about the function husband says he doesn't like to dig for the keys he wants. *sigh* On the bright side it's still hanging on the wall and the clutter display is still gone, but I am keeping my eyes open for another more husband friendly option for keys.

Today's yard sale find list, most of these things will be featured in upcoming projects & will be posted later.

Cabinet/shelf  - .50¢ (this might turn into the new key holder)
White twin bed skirt - .75¢
Southern lady - $3.00
Wicker bowl/holder thingy $4.00
Round Table $4.00
Side table with drawer $5.00

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about that dust pan too. The color, the graphics. Love it. Thanks for visiting my blog. I've been cruising yours. I'm your newest follower. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete